Cannabis Business Plans
Helping You Plan Your Cannabis Business
A well-defined business plan is incredibly important. Not only is it a necessary step to securing a license, it's also a critical piece in securing future funding from investors, and a roadmap to follow once you get your business off the ground.
A Business Plan Is Required For A Retail License Application
How to get a Dispensary License in Canada:
Provincial Liquor boards corporations issue private retail cannabis licences for Cannabis product sales into the recreational market.
A business plan is a mandatory requirement to obtain a retail License.
We have prepared numerous business plans for both regulatory compliance assisting in successful license grant and also for funding.
The business plan will also assist you in your retail store operations in identifying fast moving products with large margins ensuring high profitability.
A Business Plan Is Also Required For Commercial Cannabis License
Health Canada requires a business plan for the Cannabis Commercial License to rationalize the applicant's business models and its sales and marketing strategy with forward looking two year pro forma financials.
Quantification of future cannabis,markets in Canada are estimated to be a total of over $13 Billion. The recent Dundee report estimates the market at $3 Billion of the Medical Market with the Recreation Market at over $10 Billion. These numbers have been confirmed by the Parliamentary Budget Office analysis. Further confirmation of these market quantification by the Deloitte's survey using the Colorado data to extrapolate the Canadian Cannabis Recreational Market at $10 Billion.
Let Our Expert Guide You
Your Cannabis business plan is one of, if not THE most important steps on your path to licensing. Trust Growth West to set you up for success.
Are You Interested In A Business Plan for Operations or for Funding?
Click for a shortcut to your relevant information
Cannabis Business Plans for Operations
Our 35 years of finely honed business planning and operations experience, including the medical and recreational cannabis industry, will assist your team in:
- Selection of the optimum physical site for the premises to assist in negotiating the land transaction
- Preparing the business case prior to filing for the cannabis license
- Quantifying the production capacity
- Assisting in initial funding
- Filing for the producer's license
- Understanding the proposed operations
To begin your cannabis project before filing the Cannabis license you will need to choose the location and size of the physical site for the proposed operations. The site location impacts directly on the security and other critical Health Canada requirements as well as power and water requirements. The business plan will help you to not only identify the physical site of the property to match your production requirements but also to assist in the funding of the fixed property lease or purchase.
Also, one of the mainsprings of the application is the require consents from the municipality and local government, local fire department and law enforcement, not to mention the site cannot be near schools and residential.
It is recommended that you have a Cannabis business plan for operations before filing the License application with Health Canada. This gives you the advantage of understanding right from the beginning what your new business will comprise in terms of revenues, costs, and production capacity, and will also will help you finance the costs of the build out and equipment purchase and other associated costs.
Cannabis Business Plans for Funding
Our Cannabis Business Plan will assist you in funding the buildout and working capital. We will help you to execute on the business plan that we develop for you and assist you in finding the funding you need as outlined in your business plan.
This is a Business Plan to help fund the building of the Production Facility in anticipation of the Health Canada license filed. This will also include the funding of fixtures such as security vault, lights, cannabis extraction technology, machinery and equipment and working capital to fund the final stages of the Licensing Process.
We will ensure that the Business Plan for funding the medical marijuana operations is crafted, and packaged for presentation to investors, to ensure a clear value proposition that investors will want to buy into your future cannabis business.
What Can You Expect In Your Cannabis Business Plan
- Determine where the proposed site will be
- Negotiate the commercial lease or purchase of fixed property
- Determine the true extent of the marijuana production premises (Floor Plan)
- Accurately calculate cannabis production or extraction capacity in terms of floor plan (for use in the License Application)
- Identify the cannabis growing and/or extraction technologies to be used in the a Health Canada License Application
- Identify the pre processing and post processing extraction technologies and the HVAC and electrical costs associated with these.
- Quantify the growing costs of cannabis per gram
- Quantify Capital Expenditure Costs
- Five Year forward pro forma revenues and EBITDA profits and break evens
- Form your marketing and marketing communication strategy
- Described Further Cannabis growing Expansion Plans
- Company Valuation relative to cross section of existing Cannabis Licensed Producers in your license category.
- Analysis of adult use market and its revenue model
Let's Set You Up For Success
Whether you're looking for an operational plan or a funding plan for your Cannabis Business License, we have the knowledge and experience to help you succeed.